Tips For Becoming A Professional Poker Player
If you have ever thought about becoming a professional poker player like Phil Hellmuth or you would like to see what it takes to be a pro poker player then you should read through this guide. There are a lot of factors that you need to consider if you want to player poker professionally and it isn’t as simple as just doing it. We’re going to go through some tips to consider and some questions that you should answer before you try committing to a poker lifestyle.
* You need to consider how much money you need to live comfortably every month. For some people, the number might be $2K whereas for other people it might be $5K or more. You need to have a budget in place and you should also allow for some comfort room each month. Don’t spend everything you make in case you have a bad month down the road where you need some extra money.
* You need to consider what your current job is and how good of a job it is. If you’re working at a job right now and making $100K+ a year then you probably shouldn’t quit becoming a pro poker player. If you’re still young and you have time to decide what you want to do for a living then it might be worth taking a shot at becoming a pro.
* If you’re living on your own then you only need to support yourself and you might be willing to sacrifice some months in order to fulfill your dreams. If you already have a family to support though then this is a completely different situation and you might not be able to take the risk of becoming a pro poker player.
* Playing poker every single day just isn’t for everybody and even if you love playing poker it can become too much at some points. Make sure you take a month’s vacation and play poker every day so you can decide how you like the lifestyle. When you’re first trying to become a pro poker player the road is very tough and you won’t just fall into a big pile of money. Often you need to play poker for long hours every single day and even when doing that there is no guarantee that you will walk away with any profits.
* You should look into your past poker stats before considering going pro. Bandarq online allows you to view your online poker stats. Make sure you have a nice sample size and not a small sample size. You can’t play poker for two months, win a few thousand dollars, and then expect to become a pro poker player. You need to play for years and you need to play more than just casually in order to gain enough of a sample size. There is a lot of variance in poker and until you’ve gone through both ups and downs you’ll never understand the impact they have on you.